For those who fell at Arrakesh

An IC forum that our honoured guests have full access to, and visitors can read.
overload74
Cub

Re: For those who fell at Arrakesh

Postby overload74 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:42 pm

Sheyna,

We did not lose anyone in the final push to the circle.

I performed a similar sounding rite in the Viper camp following the strike on the Circle of Sin during the Akari wars a few years ago; a remembrance of over thirty fallen using a Teutonian relic. I could not lay to rest, but it did seem to work and they ended up where they should - possibly due to the gargantuan amount of power granted to me by the members of my nation, in excess of one hundred thaums.

As a side effect, I had the voices of the Ancestors chattering in my head for about an hour or so afterwards.

Happy to help with this.
Rath

Aija
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Lions
Group: Unknown
IC Location: Bimbling
IC Name: Aija

Postby Aija » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:06 pm

Thank you Rath. It would be good to have all who were there attend. Though I understand many may bear bad feeling over events, this isn't about how and why, but getting those left behind back home. If you have ways of contacting the Wardens who were there, could you please pass on the message?
IC: Aija, random bimbling Fae

OOC:
All posts April 2014 - Gathering 2017 as Nyanthi anla Yew
All posts Winter 2013 - April 2014 as Lanceman Jess Hawkes, Veterans Legion

All posts Gathering 2000 - Winter 2013 as Sir Sheyna Darkleaf, Knight of Lantia. Finally getting her happily ever afterlife with Lemming

Real life: Kaz Williams

Ross Urswick
Cub
Faction/Guild: Harts and Healers
IC Location: Selby
IC Name: Ross Urswick

Postby Ross Urswick » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:15 am

The Harts stand with you in this testament to the fallen and to the strengh of the hartlands and southlands united.

If I or the Harts can be of any assistance beyond attending please let me know.

As the only other Hart present I would be willing to speak ofmy fallen countyman should this be the approach taken.

In Faith
For Life

Brother Ross Urswick
Knight Commander of The Order of the Dragon
Quaesitor in good standing
Deputy High Healer

Dale Ex Machina
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Harts
Group: Mackintash
IC Location: Selby
IC Name: Rynthalion

Postby Dale Ex Machina » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:17 am

I'll be there. I can't contribute, but I can pay my respects, and stand by to defend the rite if anything nasty shows up.

-Rynthalion Vanya
Companion of the Order of Celestial
Rynthalion Dreamstruck-Vanya, Master Harper, Companion of the Order of Celestial, Warden of Rysarius. Lovely.

(Pre March '13 Squire Keen / Tristan of the Order of Celestial)

Agent_Orange
Site Admin
Group: People of the Lions
IC Location: Around
IC Name: Cimber

Postby Agent_Orange » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:24 am

It's worth noting for those who may be unaware, you do not need the ability to contribute to add power to a ritemaster. All you need is some form of power (any can be given) and the will to add it to the ritemaster when they ask.
Cimber of the Achreos
(Pre 21/10/15=Xanthior; Pre 4/8/14 = Marinus; Pre 8/10/10 = Kerios)
OOC: Will (Just a Player)
Referee 126

Aija
Aslan

Postby Aija » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:54 am

Thank you Brother Ross, it will be good to see you there. I shall shortly be asking for a list of names from each Faction of the fallen and who will speak for each, so that information would be greatfully recieved.

OOC:

All posts Gathering 2000 - Winter 2013 as Sir Sheyna Darkleaf, Knight of Lantia. Finally getting her happily ever afterlife with Lemming

ravenfire
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Lions Faction
Group: Children of Malar / Old Erin Boys / Darkendales
IC Location: Castle Darkendale / Unknown
IC Name: Ravenfire 'Melursus' Darkendale

Postby ravenfire » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:57 pm

The Healers Guild will be there in force. If you require a second rite focus, both our iconics are available for use. Any other help that's needed, please let me know, and I'll do my best to source it.
Lifemaster Ravenfire Darkendale.
Melursus, Prey Huntmaster of Malar.
Old Erin Boy.

Wavesinger.
Sirene of Duty.
Lions Ambassador to the Tarantulas.

OOC - Sarah. One of that mad Irish lot.

Alrisha
Simba
Faction/Guild: Jackals
Group: Winterspear
IC Location: Ageyptus (Though not now cause insane Pharoah)
IC Name: Alrisha Neverwinter

Postby Alrisha » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Can I just have something stated for my own peace of mind?

No one is actually planning to attempt to wrest the patterns back from Unlife are they?
IC: Alrisha Neverwinter.
High Priestess of the Temple of Osiris,
Lions "Consultant"
Winterspear

OC: Briege

dodgybren
Aslan

Postby dodgybren » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Alrisha wrote:Can I just have something stated for my own peace of mind?

No one is actually planning to attempt to wrest the patterns back from Unlife are they?

I haven't heard Mars bells ring in a while. Could be fun.
Cade (Captain Scarlet) "Nanook" Ar Gaed Darkendale
Carrion Huntmaster & Child of Malar
Former Master of training and Hand of the Scouts Guild
Lord Paladin of the order of Good
Knight of the order of Erdreja
Old Erin Boy and damn proud of it.
Sage of Rituals, apprentice to watchers Cosaint and Ash

dessie
Aslan
Group: None
IC Location: Fulfilling duties
IC Name: Septimus

Postby dessie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:18 pm

Not since Craiginish last year, when Cornelius burst his vault, I believe.
Septimus

(Prior to Oct 13 - Seraphim)

Zackari
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Lions / Alchemists
Group: People Of Lantia
IC Location: Alchemists Guild House (Camelot)
IC Name: Zackari Neverwinter

Postby Zackari » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:35 pm

dodgybren wrote:I haven't heard Mars bells ring in a while. Could be fun.

Indeed it will. I of course will be watching this rite, from approximately 31 feet away.

I thought we learned our lesson the last time when someone opened the gate through to the planes of unlife to save that person. The griffon's wasn't it?

As someone who doesn't understand the planes all that well, but understands basic maths I have come to this equation.

Rite + Planes of unlife = Bad Things + Death Knights
IC : Zackari Neverwinter
Master Of the Alchemists Guild (Military General)
OC : Bones

Aija
Aslan

Postby Aija » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:27 am

As a question, lay to rest overrides most necromantic effects, including the effect of a wasting under normal circumstances, so long as you have a body?

I know Maars bells, and what causes them. I also have no intention whatsoever of opening a link to the planes of Unlife. My intention here was always to remind Erdreja and the Ancestors these patterns are out there, and provide the appropriate Ancestors enough power that a lay to rest would reach them, regardless of where they were.

If someone here tells me that to get someone back from the Planes of Unlife requires something different, then some additional thinking may be needed. But summoning specific patterns from that Plane isn't impossible. It gets done with alarming regularity, *and* without the need of a ritual circle...

OOC:

andyk
Cub

Postby andyk » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:56 am

Sheyna,

Lay to Rest will override the pattern being sent to the Plane of Unlife as a result of dying under the Wasting effect. It needs doing before Dawn though to do so. The Harts did what Rath mentioned after the Circle of Sin debacle. Ours was essentially a Lay to Rest, and was done on the same day.

Am I right that the intention is to allow the ancestors to retrieve the patterns of those who died on the Sunday but whose bodies were not recovered by re-awakening Edreja's 'memory' of them?

I think that if the bodies were retrieved, the patterns should be wherever they would normally have gone - that should be testable by minor rite. My understanding is that a pattern on the Plane of Unlife is stuck there for an indeterminate time. However, one on the Plane of Unlife is in Edreja's cycle, and shouldn't need 'remembering' by Edreja.

My opinion is that the rite may be a pinprick in Edreja which provokes a shudder. That might do anything, so a recovery group at some distance - 50-100 ft at least - is probably wise. It might knock down everyone in 100 yards.

Cawd Henriksen

Bitter
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Bards
IC Name: Vincenzo Sangrado

Postby Bitter » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:47 pm

Sheyna wrote:If someone here tells me that to get someone back from the Planes of Unlife requires something different, then some additional thinking may be needed.

To get someone back from the Planes of Unlife requires something different.

Vincenzo Sangrado
Available for Consultation at the Moot

ravenfire
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Lions Faction
Group: Children of Malar / Old Erin Boys / Darkendales
IC Location: Castle Darkendale / Unknown
IC Name: Ravenfire 'Melursus' Darkendale

Postby ravenfire » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Sheyna wrote:If someone here tells me that to get someone back from the Planes of Unlife requires something different, then some additional thinking may be needed. But summoning specific patterns from that Plane isn't impossible. It gets done with alarming regularity, *and* without the need of a ritual circle...

To expand a little on what Vincenzo said (although frankly he probably knows more than me).

Summoning specific patterns from the Planes isn't impossible, no. However, it entirely depends on how they got there and how long they've been there. A dismissable creature, for example, when sent back to its native plane, needs to stay there and reform for X number of years before it can return to this one (the most recent value I was given for 'X' was 60, but that may depend on the power of the dismissed being). People sent to the planes of unlife by the affects of wasting or the corruption of their body, greater or otherwise, are then stuck there. I would guess that, similiar to dismissed beings, once they have been there for a certain amount of time they can be summoned back, but if that's the case it's not a short period.

I have on a single occasion, seen a pattern dragged from the planes of unlife and sent to its ancestor. That was Kerios, and it was done in a rite, performed by Heather Sparrow. She had the help of the Bastellus of...Torment, if I remember correctly, which was the reason the rite succeeded.

Any other attempt I've seen has either done nothing (when attempted by rite) or set off Mars Bells (by ritual).

This is something I researched heavily quite recently, so unless someone directly contradicts me with proof, then I'm sorry Sheyna; the rite isn't going to move them to their ancestors.
Lifemaster Ravenfire Darkendale.
Melursus, Prey Huntmaster of Malar.
Old Erin Boy.

Wavesinger.
Sirene of Duty.
Lions Ambassador to the Tarantulas.

OOC - Sarah. One of that mad Irish lot.

Return to “Guest forum - IC”