Time Elementals

An IC forum that our honoured guests have full access to, and visitors can read.
Tal'Rasha
Cub
Faction/Guild: Gryphons / Bards
Group: Eruana En Alda
IC Location: Caras Estarwe
IC Name: Tal'Rasha

Time Elementals

Postby Tal'Rasha » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Greetings Lions,

Some of you may already know me but a brief introduction may be in order. My name is Tal'Rasha, ward of Caras Estarwe. I am an umbral, a Gryphon and a Bard.

As a trainee in the Elemental arts, I wish to know how all elementals (common or uncommon) function on this plane and work to study them so that I might not just better know them, but better combat them if they threaten ourselves and our allies, of which I know the Gryphons are proud to count you among one of the best. I had heard that you recently defeated some Time elementals which were plaguing you and your lands and I'd like to ask if you have any infromation on any capabilites, abilities, traits and indeed weaknesses that you noticed during your encounters with them.

I realise that for some, or perhaps many of you this is a senstive subject; wars are rarely won without great loss and for those who did lose someone during this time, my greatest sympathies and humblest apologies if this causes you any distress. May thier patterns rest safe and well.

Yours, in knowledge

Tal'Rasha

Lio'Ara McAylwyn
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Bards
Group: -
IC Location: The Great Library of Norhault
IC Name: Lio'Ara

Re: Time Elementals

Postby Lio'Ara McAylwyn » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:29 pm

I remember they could move very fast. That's right, isn't it?

Lio'Ara
Master of the Bureaucracy at Norhault
Queen of Hawthorne, Beloved of Manannan Dragonborn
Verbum portabimus; verbum pax est

Jesterface
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Lions
Group: Free Blades
IC Location: Lantia
IC Name: Volund Krieg

Postby Jesterface » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:00 pm

I don't have any notes or nodhing at present, but I recall dhat dha Halt spell eidher harmed or killed some, sleep did dha same for odhers. Some caused people to fall into a deep sleep widh dheir attacks, and odhers could halt you briefly. Dha white elementals were dheir overlords and, predictably, very powerful. Black ones, and black and white ones, were stronger dhan dheir red and yellow pards, some able to use magic.

Dhey also held a number of odher elementals under dheir dhrall; specifically mud and mist elementals, dhat I can recall at dhis moment.

I hope dhis is helpful.
All flesh is equal when burned.

IC: Volund Krieg, nobody important.
OOC: Johnny Fairchild, aka Jesterface, aka Cave Troll, aka J-Fresh, aka Chairfiled

Gathering 2011 - Jackals Spring 2017 - Thorg Bloodrot, Lions High Incantor, Japelord
2006-2010 - Ikazu

Aija
Aslan
Group: Unknown
IC Location: Bimbling
IC Name: Aija

Postby Aija » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:43 am

Lio - yes, they were able to very briefly make themselves move incredibly quickly. It was like we were all moving through jelly whilst they were sprinting. They used it to position themselves amongst our lines, and they used it to kidnap (at the time Princess) Lenia.

The different colour symbols they had on their cheeks gave an idea of what they were capable of or weak against, but I don't have that list.
IC: Aija, random bimbling Fae

OOC:
All posts April 2014 - Gathering 2017 as Nyanthi anla Yew
All posts Winter 2013 - April 2014 as Lanceman Jess Hawkes, Veterans Legion

All posts Gathering 2000 - Winter 2013 as Sir Sheyna Darkleaf, Knight of Lantia. Finally getting her happily ever afterlife with Lemming

Real life: Kaz Williams

Amy Redman
Aslan
Group: Winter Spear
IC Location: Fort Borealis
IC Name: Amy Redman

Postby Amy Redman » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:50 am

They also sometimes moved really slow.
Amy Redman
Winter Spear
Sirene of Andulus
Tea Essential

Pre Spring Parli 1111-Alfhildr Jorgensen-Dreamstruck, Prince Bishop's Men
(OOC Rachel)

McChuckles
Aslan
Group: The Crew of the El Toro
IC Location: Andulus
IC Name: Sherman

Postby McChuckles » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:12 am

From an old Lions packup:

A Guide to Spotting Time Elementals
Based on the notes of Alastair Moira
This guide is intended to allow the best possible use and distribution of our resources when facing the Time Elementals and their forces. Time Elementals can be identified by hour-glass shaped markings on their faces. These markings are in a variety of colours, and with each colour comes a different speciality on their part, and on ours, a different way to defeat them. These include, but are not necessarily limited to:

Blue
Strike with enchanted blows. Vulnerable to mind effects. Sleep spells usually fatal.

Red
Occasionally cause those they strike to fall asleep. Injured or killed by halting. Immune to mind effects.

Yellow
Occasionally halt those they strike. Injured or killed by halt. Immune to mind effects.

White
Elemental Lords. Can use High Magic. Their strikes can paralyse, or halt or cause the injured party to sleep. Immune to ranged and mind effects.

Black
Can use Shadow Magic. Usually cast Mage Armour on themselves. Immune to ranged spells and ignore normal blows. Resilient.

Blue & Black
Include enchanters, ritualists and elementalists. Can vocalise.

Grey/Silver
Paralyse with a blow. Elementalists with high Shadow Magic. Favour casting the Halt spell. Can cast innately, without words.

The Time Elementals have under their control a variety of different elemental creatures and beings, again with different abilities and vulnerabilities. These include - but as far as we know are not limited to:

Mist
Bear cold weapons, and freeze with a blow. Vulnerable to mind effects.
Fire
Bear flaming weapons that ignore armour. Vulnerable to mind effects.
Water
Magic damages these less than usual. Bear cold weapons that ignore armour.
Mud
Ignore normal weapons. Deal enchanted blows that can strike down or crush the target. Very strong, and take a long time to be beaten down.
Rhys ap Gwidion, King of the Dwarves, Thegn of Borthawr, Marshall of the Conquistadors of the El Toro.
Sherman for short.

Before November 2013 : Knight Captain Sir Henry Kane, Knight of Lantia
Between November 2013 and April 2015 : Drake DeStefano

OOC - The other JK...

Return to “Guest forum - IC”