Gallathrix

An IC forum that our honoured guests have full access to, and visitors can read.
Amy Redman
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Lions
Group: Winter Spear
IC Location: Fort Borealis
IC Name: Amy Redman

Re: Gallathrix

Postby Amy Redman » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Oh I expect him to be a douche and show up. I will be planning for it.

Lio'Ara McAylwyn
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Bards
Group: -
IC Location: The Great Library of Norhault
IC Name: Lio'Ara

Postby Lio'Ara McAylwyn » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:21 pm

I'd not considered him showing up. I was expecting him to do something out of nowhere like invade Ceryphus or somewhere else unexpected, but that may be because where I come from the bad people invade and don't stop for a little rest on whatever-bit-of-Caledonia they've stolen until we stop them.
Master of the Bureaucracy at Norhault
Queen of Hawthorne, Beloved of Manannan Dragonborn
Verbum portabimus; verbum pax est

Briar-Rose
Simba
Faction/Guild: Archers Guild
Group: Command
IC Location: Rysarius or Verath
IC Name: Briar

Postby Briar-Rose » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:36 pm

Tatalus isn't occupied with Orlagnon, the Legions have only seen him a few times since they went in. I agree that the Necromancer needs to be dealt with before the situation gets worse, but I wouldn't rule out Tatalus' involvement. If the Necromancer is in his service than Tatalus can easily organise an assault on two fronts. Orlagnon is converting the same way Azulon did, so the offensive there will probably end soon.
Master of The Archers Guild
Sirene of... somewhere...

Briar-Rose (May 2013 to Now)
Winter of the Monks of Asteria (August 2012- May 2013)

noodle
Aslan
Group: The Accord
IC Name: Lin

Postby noodle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:30 pm

Briar-Rose wrote:Tatalus isn't occupied with Orlagnon, the Legions have only seen him a few times since they went in. I agree that the Necromancer needs to be dealt with before the situation gets worse, but I wouldn't rule out Tatalus' involvement. If the Necromancer is in his service than Tatalus can easily organise an assault on two fronts. Orlagnon is converting the same way Azulon did, so the offensive there will probably end soon.

Briar-Rose, just because they haven't seen him doesn't mean he's not on other parts of the island. Orlagnon's not small, and there aren't enough bodies in the legions to cover the entire place. That scout said that they were holed up in two main locations, right? That leaves the whole rest of the island.

We only saw him once or twice on Azurlon. Doesn't mean he wasn't keeping himself nice and busy.
OOC - Noodle/Niamh

(posts pre-Gathering '14: Elizabeth 'Libby' Carpenter)
(posts pre-Gathering '12: Neantog)

Lord Silver
Knight Spinner of the Accord
Lions High Diplomat
Trouble with a capital B.

Briar-Rose
Simba
Faction/Guild: Archers Guild
Group: Command
IC Location: Rysarius or Verath
IC Name: Briar

Postby Briar-Rose » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:57 pm

noodle wrote:
Briar-Rose wrote:Tatalus isn't occupied with Orlagnon, the Legions have only seen him a few times since they went in. I agree that the Necromancer needs to be dealt with before the situation gets worse, but I wouldn't rule out Tatalus' involvement. If the Necromancer is in his service than Tatalus can easily organise an assault on two fronts. Orlagnon is converting the same way Azulon did, so the offensive there will probably end soon.

Briar-Rose, just because they haven't seen him doesn't mean he's not on other parts of the island. Orlagnon's not small, and there aren't enough bodies in the legions to cover the entire place. That scout said that they were holed up in two main locations, right? That leaves the whole rest of the island.

We only saw him once or twice on Azurlon. Doesn't mean he wasn't keeping himself nice and busy.

Forgive me, I made my argument poorly. I know he could still be on the island. I interpreted the comment about him being occupied with Orlagnon as being he's occupied fighting our forces there. But because he's not been encountered by the Legions often, it suggests he is doing something else in the meantime. And that something else could possibly be to do with what is happening on Gallathrix or could have nothing to do with it at all. I personally believe he has the means to do it, but that is my own belief and by no means fact. I do agree that he should be expected to show up on Gallathrix, even if he isn't involved.
Master of The Archers Guild
Sirene of... somewhere...

Briar-Rose (May 2013 to Now)
Winter of the Monks of Asteria (August 2012- May 2013)

Alrisha
Simba
Faction/Guild: Jackals
Group: Winterspear
IC Location: Ageyptus (Though not now cause insane Pharoah)
IC Name: Alrisha Neverwinter

Postby Alrisha » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:58 pm

I expect the threats we face will tell you if the Necromancer is in his employ or not.

When last I looked the unliving he had raised were not particularly well put together. If that has changed too quickly. I will know. Either way he's learning and experimenting. And I believe we all know where that can lead.
IC: Alrisha Neverwinter.
High Priestess of the Temple of Osiris,
Lions "Consultant"
Winterspear

OC: Briege

Amy Redman
Aslan

Postby Amy Redman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:03 am

I meant his army was occupied by the legions. It's also entirely possible that he's on Azurlon. We don't know. But he's not stupid, he hasn't secured Orlagnon yet. So, I doubt he''ll start invading another island until he has.

Aija
Aslan
Group: Unknown
IC Location: Bimbling
IC Name: Aija

Postby Aija » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:49 am

Haven't there been a number of folk attacking the faction who have been getting better at what they do just a little too quickly? The reports I get hold of whilst out on campaign are sketchy at best, but isn't there a dude on Tamarus who helps folk get better at what they do?

Just because Tatalus is a giant, obvious arse, don't let him overshadow everything else going on. Lantia isn't small any more.
IC: Aija, random bimbling Fae

OOC:
All posts April 2014 - Gathering 2017 as Nyanthi anla Yew
All posts Winter 2013 - April 2014 as Lanceman Jess Hawkes, Veterans Legion

All posts Gathering 2000 - Winter 2013 as Sir Sheyna Darkleaf, Knight of Lantia. Finally getting her happily ever afterlife with Lemming

Real life: Kaz Williams

BrackenSG
Simba
Group: Free Blades
IC Name: Bracken

Postby BrackenSG » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:42 am

Kaz wrote:Haven't there been a number of folk attacking the faction who have been getting better at what they do just a little too quickly? The reports I get hold of whilst out on campaign are sketchy at best, but isn't there a dude on Tamarus who helps folk get better at what they do?

Just because Tatalus is a giant, obvious arse, don't let him overshadow everything else going on. Lantia isn't small any more.

There is the Ancestor Paragon and his followers are currently on Tamarus.
He is the ancestor of being "the best you can be" and is indiscriminate of if you want to be the best dancer or the best mass murderer. So we are kinda keeping an eye on what his followers are up to.
I'm currently with them on Tamarus as I have some personal interest in finding out as much about the Paragon as possible.

Abby
Talker to the Paragonites
OC: Killer

Posts before Moot 2017 - Abby Wormwood

Dozer
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Unicorns
Group: Squad D
IC Location: Wandering Erdreja
IC Name: Dozer

Postby Dozer » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:38 am

Oi, oi. Fort I'd take a break from da campus to see 'ow da leys are doin.

I know it ain't much an I guess people already know, wot wiv it bein' pretty obvious but when I got face to face wiv Tatalus at da Winter an asked 'im why 'ee can't just be 'appy wiv one island and wot 'ee plans to do 'ee basically said "I will carry on to take as many islands as I want as you have all shown you aren't strong enough to stop me"

So when 'ee isn't wettin 'is blade fightin' da legions 'imself I am sure 'ee will be plottin' to make 'is next move to da next island an I wouldn't be surprised if 'ee does it while you lot are all fightin' dis Necrobloke
"Ahh, my friend!"

Jesterface
Aslan
Group: Free Blades
IC Location: Lantia
IC Name: Volund Krieg

Postby Jesterface » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:19 am

Everydhing widh Tatalus so far has seemed an odd mix of misdirection and directness. He will attack us outright, but also try to dhrow us off, such as dha hallucinations we suffered during Orlagnon. I would not be surprised if it turns out dhis necromancer dreg is allied widh him and is being employed as a diversionary tactic.
All flesh is equal when burned.

IC: Volund Krieg, nobody important.
OOC: Johnny Fairchild, aka Jesterface, aka Cave Troll, aka J-Fresh, aka Chairfiled

Gathering 2011 - Jackals Spring 2017 - Thorg Bloodrot, Lions High Incantor, Japelord
2006-2010 - Ikazu

Aija
Aslan
Group: Unknown
IC Location: Bimbling
IC Name: Aija

Postby Aija » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:45 am

Keremar wouldn't care where I was if/when I called on him for aid in my final battle. I very much doubt anyone calling on the Paragon for help with illegal things would do so in the most open and public place he's seen...
IC: Aija, random bimbling Fae

OOC:
All posts April 2014 - Gathering 2017 as Nyanthi anla Yew
All posts Winter 2013 - April 2014 as Lanceman Jess Hawkes, Veterans Legion

All posts Gathering 2000 - Winter 2013 as Sir Sheyna Darkleaf, Knight of Lantia. Finally getting her happily ever afterlife with Lemming

Real life: Kaz Williams

ScottishSarah
Juvenile
Group: The Silver Court
IC Location: Sammerix
IC Name: Gloamer

Postby ScottishSarah » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:42 am

All your comments are appreciated.
So most likely unliving forces headed by a necromancer.
When his minions are described as "badly put together", what exactly is meant?
Poor stitching? Arms dropping off mid shamble?
Has he or she only been sending the lesser unliving, zombies and the like, or should I expect ghoul lords, wraith kings and barrow-wights?

Jess, yes, well remembered. I look forward to renewing our acquaintance.

Jehanne
The purple one.

Amy Redman
Aslan

Postby Amy Redman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:38 am

I believe that's just Alrisha's professional opinion. It's not so much that they''re falling apart, but she can tell they''re not as well made as her own.

We have so far only seen zombies. But if he's improved enough to create an army, I wouldn't be surprised if he's created something better. If we go in expecting it, then we can have a plan.

McChuckles
Aslan
Group: The Crew of the El Toro
IC Location: Andulus
IC Name: Sherman

Postby McChuckles » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:27 am

Sorry, I is confused on this, so maybe someone can help?

Tatalus was on Orlagnon, and he killed a lot of Lions. Also on Orlagnon was some warmie making things out of bits of people?

Plus we have a Necromancer on Gallathrix, and another island lost to Tatalus.

But you think this Necromancer and the warmie making people out of people are the same warmie?

Has anyone seen anything for sure that says that the necromancer and the people maker are the same thing? Or are we going to find out for definite that when we gets to Gallathrix?
Rhys ap Gwidion, King of the Dwarves, Thegn of Borthawr, Marshall of the Conquistadors of the El Toro.
Sherman for short.

Before November 2013 : Knight Captain Sir Henry Kane, Knight of Lantia
Between November 2013 and April 2015 : Drake DeStefano

OOC - The other JK...

Return to “Guest forum - IC”