TO THE LION NATION

An IC forum that our honoured guests have full access to, and visitors can read.
Eric Lund
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Lions
Group: Winterspear
IC Location: Either on Fort Borealis or on Akamon
IC Name: Eric Lund

Re: TO THE LION NATION

Postby Eric Lund » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:32 am

Daie wrote:Can I ask what it was that prompted this decision to organise the race en masse? Is there a historic mistreatment of the dwarven race in modern civilisation? Do dwarves feel more of a pull to unification to their race than to their factions? For example, are you a dwarf in the Unicorns, or a Unicorns dwarf?

-Rynthalion

To reinforce Ryn's question, why are you doing this? Have you been or are you being marginalized by your factions. Are they excluding you? Are you as a race being specifically targeted and feel your faction can't be trusted to handle the issue?
Warden of Service
Right Hand of Akamon
Member of the Winter Spear

IC-Eric Lund
OOC-Neil McDermott

Posts before Moot 2 2013 - Makonedes Tidewalker "May you have good tides and a strong wind always at your back"
Posts after Moot 2 2013 - Eric Lund

Briar-Rose
Simba
Faction/Guild: Archers Guild
Group: Command
IC Location: Rysarius or Verath
IC Name: Briar

Postby Briar-Rose » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:30 am

baldrick bloodsmith wrote:
All Dwarves were invited to a Banquet where it was decided that we needed organised direction from a leader and a faction council that is elected from the Dwarves of each faction. The timing of the Banquet was unfortunate but we made everyone aware of when the banquet was and we had many attend (Infact most of the Dwarves attended) and voted in a King, a Vizier (from the Wolves) and a General (From the Dragons). Pebble was also voted in as the voice of the Dwarvern nation, so I can assure you all this was certainly not some jumped up new person declaring themselves king, I have been around for a while.

Forgive me, but very few of the Lions Dwarves seem to have been involved in this decision making process and I suspect that is the cause of some indignation. So might I ask how you made this invitation to them? If I was hosting an event as historic as this, I certainly would have made sure that every faction knew about it. Did you speak to one of our dwarves, or did you leave a message at the faction gate? Leaving a message would hardly be considered an invitation, as it suggests you don't care who the dwarves in our faction are. In which case, I don't think it's fair to expect to accept you as their monarch so eagerly.
Master of The Archers Guild
Sirene of... somewhere...

Briar-Rose (May 2013 to Now)
Winter of the Monks of Asteria (August 2012- May 2013)

Ragnar
Cub
Faction/Guild: unicrons
Group: Dwarves of Dungaldopn
IC Location: somewhere
IC Name: Ragnar aethelson

Postby Ragnar » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:46 am

To reinforce Ryn's question, why are you doing this? Have you been or are you being marginalized by your factions. Are they excluding you? Are you as a race being specifically targeted and feel your faction can't be trusted to handle the issue?

Thank you for your question, as I mentioned to Rynthalion in my reply to the original question, we have 2 weeks-ish until the Moot I believe all of this would be better discussed in person.
IC: Ragnar Aethelson - The Dwarves of Dun Galdoon - Unicorns
OOC: William Moore - PvE is the new PvP ;)

Ragnar
Cub

Postby Ragnar » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:56 am

Forgive me, but very few of the Lions Dwarves seem to have been involved in this decision making process and I suspect that is the cause of some indignation. So might I ask how you made this invitation to them? If I was hosting an event as historic as this, I certainly would have made sure that every faction knew about it. Did you speak to one of our dwarves, or did you leave a message at the faction gate? Leaving a message would hardly be considered an invitation, as it suggests you don't care who the dwarves in our faction are. In which case, I don't think it's fair to expect to accept you as their monarch so eagerly.

Briar-rose, did you read my previous reply about spending a while in your Camp looking for Dwarves?

We were extremely loud and attended the Camp in the afternoon of the Saturday. We spoke with at least ten people asking for messages to be passed on to the Dwarves in the faction. If those messages were not passed on then it is a great shame, however as you know trying to find individuals at our Gatherings is incredibly difficult especially if you want to find them. There were Lions Dwarves at the banquet and they had a hand in the decision making.

I would lastly like to add that no leader is ever 100% accepted, you cannot please every one and nor should anyone try. Its perfectly acceptable for people to have their own views on any subject and diversity is the spice that keeps Erdreja on her toes. I am not here to convince anyone to follow me, I am here on your ley because there was a great deal of interest in what my Herald had to say and I wanted to come and enjoy this interest with all of you.

dodgybren
Aslan

Postby dodgybren » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:39 pm

No there wasn't interest so much as shock. This looks exceptionally underhanded when the dwarves of our faction don't know about what you claim was announced and it was then decided during a time that the lions dwarves were not likely going to be able to attend. Forget not fully accepted you seem to have ensured you wouldn't get a full attendance from at least our faction. Also answer the question asked, avoiding it for two weeks to think up good answers cause you don't have any isn't gonna End well. Also don't ever tell me what race I am or am not again child.
Cade (Captain Scarlet) "Nanook" Ar Gaed Darkendale
Carrion Huntmaster & Child of Malar
Former Master of training and Hand of the Scouts Guild
Lord Paladin of the order of Good
Knight of the order of Erdreja
Old Erin Boy and damn proud of it.
Sage of Rituals, apprentice to watchers Cosaint and Ash

Ragnar
Cub

Postby Ragnar » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:44 pm

Thank you Cade, it seems you are very passionate and loyal to your faction. This is utterly commendable, we did everything in our power to ensure we had Dwarves from every faction at the banquet, there are many Dwarves that I know of and each of them are more than happy with what has happened, it's a great time to organise our race and get upto speed with current events, stone development and to mutually benefit one another in a dark and troubling time. It is a great shame that we have missed some from the lions faction and that will be remedied at our next banquet.

I would hope that you specifically will tell them of when and where the meeting will be held so they do not miss the meeting this time round.

Pebble Ar Gaed
Leo

Postby Pebble Ar Gaed » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:36 am

Chaps and chapesses,

Let's discuss this in a few weeks, when we are in person. Before that, I would like to correct some cultural matters.

Within the hold I come from (Borthawr) and in the neighbouring holds in other nations, these holds have kings. It's a Dwarven cultural thing for many Dwarves. I can understand any Dwarf who missed the vote and meeting being perturbed, however, at hearing a chap calling himself the King of the Dwarves. I think I would feel similar.

I have trudged up and down the factions whenever we meet, trying to find Halflings and Dwarves so that the uncommon races like these can actually meet together, with their own. Inevitably some have been missed and I am glad we have found them here. We would be honoured if they would join the Dwarf Meeting at 8pm on the Saturday in the Unicorns at the Moot. We would love to include them in our future feasts, for a start.

I will answer one question here, posed by Daie: Can I ask what it was that prompted this decision to organise the race en masse?

For me the answer is simple, and I am the person who has been doing a lot of the organising for two races. For those unfamiliar with me: I am a Halfling whose adoptive father and family are Dwarves, whose spirit has been declared that of a dwarf by three Dwarf Kings. We are both minority races. There are 22 Halflings that we have so far found that regularly attend court. The numbers are not so much different for Dwarves.

It's hard when you're alone.

We see the comraderie that other races share. We miss that. So we reach out. And sure, we talk about awakenings. But also, we celebrate what it is to be a Dwarf or a Halfling in feast or in drink. Or in my case, both.

In the mean time, if you do happen to know of any Halflings or Dwarves in your faction, I would love to chat with them.

In two weeks. In a camp. Perhaps with some drink.

You will be able to find me in the Dragons. Or the Harts. Or sometimes the Lions, or the Unicorns, or the guilds. Often on the battlefield, sometimes in the bar.

See you then.
Flaming Psycho Kender of The Dragons
Warlord & Condottiere
------------
53 bottles of beer on the wall, 53 bottles of beer...

Lio'Ara McAylwyn
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Bards
Group: -
IC Location: The Great Library of Norhault
IC Name: Lio'Ara

Postby Lio'Ara McAylwyn » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:45 am

Well said, Pebble. Very well said indeed.
Master of the Bureaucracy at Norhault
Queen of Hawthorne, Beloved of Manannan Dragonborn
Verbum portabimus; verbum pax est

Ragnar
Cub

Postby Ragnar » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:01 am

Thank you Pebble always more eloquent than I and able to express your feelings more openly. What Pebble has said is true, I would hope that everyone who has expressed interest, passion or replied on this ley will make sure that all of the Dwarves in the faction are made aware of the meeting and that the Lions elect a (Dwarvern) member for the council Before the banquet. I would also hope that this delegate reports back to the faction to keep everyone informed of what we are doing, because openness and trust is very important.

I believe that whilst we are quite openly uniting and telling every faction of our plans you will find that many of the other beings have already done this and are way ahead of us in their dynamic and political movements. I am very very pleased that we are moving in the direction we are and we will always be open in our movements and will have an open door to anyone who wishes to discuss any issues they feel important to them no matter what race or being they are.

Ragnar

Arya Chalk
Simba
Faction/Guild: Bards/Lions
Group: People of the Lions
IC Location: Merinholt/Emmerix
IC Name: Arya Darkendale

Postby Arya Chalk » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:50 pm

Speaking as one of the dwarves within the faction, I know that this vote never reached my ears, and please do correct me if I am wrong but none of the other dwarves have heard this either. I was in camp on many occasion and I have been approached more than once about being awakened but never for this. I accept that maybe the message did not get to me, these things do sometimes happen.

Pebble, thank you for discussing the cultural meanings behind the decision, however it is still not one I voted for, nor in fact an entire faction worth of dwarves did not vote on and it does leave me somewhat unsettled. Pebble if you do make it over to the Lions faction do please find me out. I would love to discuss this further.

Arya
IC Name: Arya Darkendale
Group: People of the Lions
Master Scholar of the Bards Guild
Sirene of Pain

OC Name: Sarah Johnson.

Clara Irontree
Aslan
Group: Ghostwalkers
IC Name: Clara Irontree

Postby Clara Irontree » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:29 am

Ragnar wrote:Do you think it would be easier for us to come up to the faction and have a sit down discussion with some beer instead of people who are interested in what we are doing coming to us?

When the Banquet was organised at the gathering we spent an hour or so looking for Dwarves in your faction however we mainly ended up defending the camp, repairing everyone's armour and leaving messages for you.

OC: Also if your a dwarf and your unaware of this page, you should visit, it will tell you whats going on, when and where, whos involved in what and you can get your voice heard if your not attending an event. Its a secret group so if you need access pm me and i will get you added to the group.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/350245301805270/

What a wonderful idea.
Those who feel aggrieved because they didn't hear the message or get the invitation (which happens) why not take Ragnar's offer and meet with him, rather than whining that life is unfair. Meet with him, discuss things and find out what you have missed.
I'm surprised that people didn't know there is a dwarf King, there were discussions at Summer Moot and at the Gathering in the Lions camp. The dwarven feast was advertised at the Gathering during one of our musters.
Clara Irontree (aka the Green Elf)

Dale Ex Machina
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Harts
Group: Mackintash
IC Location: Selby
IC Name: Rynthalion

Postby Dale Ex Machina » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:45 pm

Clara Irontree wrote:Those who feel aggrieved because they didn't hear the message or get the invitation (which happens) why not take Ragnar's offer and meet with him, rather than whining that life is unfair. Meet with him, discuss things and find out what you have missed.

Nah, you're alright. That's what we have diplomats for. To find out about this stuff and keep us informed.

-Rynthalion
Rynthalion Dreamstruck-Vanya, Master Harper, Companion of the Order of Celestial, Warden of Rysarius. Lovely.

(Pre March '13 Squire Keen / Tristan of the Order of Celestial)

Clara Irontree
Aslan

Postby Clara Irontree » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:19 pm

Rynthalion,
You clearly didn't read the bottom part of my message. I'll put it up again just for you.

I'm surprised that people didn't know there is a dwarf King, there were discussions at Summer Moot and at the Gathering in the Lions camp. The dwarven feast was advertised at the Gathering during one of our musters.

There we go. Discussion were had in the Lions Camp at Summer Moot and at the Gathering of Nations. It really isn't my job to inform everyone individually of things going on, which I am amazed you seem to think it is.

Have a lovely day.

Dale Ex Machina
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Harts
Group: Mackintash
IC Location: Selby
IC Name: Rynthalion

Postby Dale Ex Machina » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:36 pm

I read it fine, Clara. Just seems like the info didn't get properl spread.

I think the lesson to take from this is that musters aren't a great way of getting info spread. We have leys and dispatches.

I, for one, would love to see a proper diplomatic roundup after the Gathering each year.

Also, when info affects people, that info needs to get spread. Apparently some of our dwarves had no clue about this. Well, the dwarves who did know should've said something. Especially since this appears to be about getting dwarves to work together.

-Rynthalion
Rynthalion Dreamstruck-Vanya, Master Harper, Companion of the Order of Celestial, Warden of Rysarius. Lovely.

(Pre March '13 Squire Keen / Tristan of the Order of Celestial)

Clara Irontree
Aslan

Postby Clara Irontree » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Ahh so a scapegoat is being looked for. I understand.

Return to “Guest forum - IC”