Group recruitment

An OOC forum that our honoured guests have full access to, and visitors can read.
ravenfire
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Lions Faction
Group: Children of Malar / Old Erin Boys / Darkendales
IC Location: Castle Darkendale / Unknown
IC Name: Ravenfire 'Melursus' Darkendale

Group recruitment

Postby ravenfire » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:48 pm

This is a thread for people to advertise their group and recruit new players. Please bear in mind that is a public forum, so if there are details of your group you wouldn't want a non-Lion to know, don't post them here.

There's an old group recruitment thread here > viewtopic.php?f=26&t=453 > but some of the groups mentioned are no longer in play, hence the new thread. There is however some pertinent info in the thread about ongoing groups, so it's worth a look.

Also folks, please keep the discussions to a minimum in this thread, it's meant to be a resource for new players, and injokes etc won't help their understanding of your group!

Please specify clearly if the group is open or closed (ie anyone can join, or it's invite only). This thread is designed to to recruit newbs, and if they become interested in a group only to discover it's invite only it's not really fair on them.

To keep some form of neatness, try using the following layout, or something similar:

Group Name:
Race & Culture:
Group current numbers:
OOC contact (Name & Email):
Group Concept:

If details change, just edit your original post rather than re-posting.

Please don't respond to this topic asking about a group, but use the contact info they give you, or start a new topic.
Lifemaster Ravenfire Darkendale.
Melursus, Prey Huntmaster of Malar.
Old Erin Boy.

Wavesinger.
Sirene of Duty.
Lions Ambassador to the Tarantulas.

OOC - Sarah. One of that mad Irish lot.

Russ Phillips
Site Admin
Faction/Guild: Lions
Group: Order of Celestial
IC Location: Tamarus
IC Name: Elrood Brond

Re: Group recruitment

Postby Russ Phillips » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:03 am

Group Name: Order of Celestial
Race & Culture: Various races, from various lands
Group current numbers: About a dozen active players
OOC contact (Name & Email): Russ (e-mail and PM links at the bottom of this post). We also have a website
Group Concept:
The Order of Celestial consists of questing Knights and Companions. They are headed by a Grand Master, and one Companion holds the position of Knight Confessor, an individual to whom other members can go for advice and confidential discussion. There are three Masters (of Arms, Physik and Thought). These were originally the heads of the three parts of the Order, but the titles are now used to bestow honour, not rank. Each Knight also has one or more Squires, who are preparing to enter the Knighthood, and who, on successful completion of their training are knighted by the Grand Master.

The Order follows what is Good before all else. This means that it is often outspoken and occasionally comes into verbal conflict with other groups over the fictional "necessary evil", but even their opponents have come to respect their integrity, commitment and sense of duty. Lacking the more formal structures, and severe outlooks of some units, the Order strives ceaselessly to put right what once went wrong, to protect those who cannot protect themselves and to leave Eredreja in a better state than they found it in. Based at their re-built Chapterhouse on Tamarus, the Lantian Isle of Duty, most of the Order serve within the Lions faction, but their members can be found wherever their ideals hold true.
1100 - 1112: Elrood Brond
"a tetchy, sweet-toothed shouting machine"

Obsidia Hyskus
Aslan
Group: PBs men
IC Location: The isle of war

Postby Obsidia Hyskus » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:40 pm

Group Name: The Prince Bishop's Men
Race & Culture: Various races, mostly human, elf,fae and beastkin; traditionally from Albion and Avalon but with several members from all over.
Group current numbers: Anything from 10-24 depending on the event
OOC contact (Name & Email): It should be Amanda Hill, but she doesn't read the forums much and I'm wary of giving out her email addy without checking. You can always contact me (Marianne Wells, nolion@hotmail.co.uk) and I'll pass it on, and the webpage is http://durholme.org/
Group Concept: Started a long, long time ago in the Gryphons as the Durholme Warband,the PBs have been in the Lions since the early 90s and have a basis as a military unit who swear loyalty to the Prince Bishop, our leader, though there are also many non-military members who have an equal stance in the group. We live on the island of Gallathrix and have quite a lot of history which is pretty optional - you can play a character who's been there since the formation of the factions, or someone who joined last week.

We have spare tabards and shields which we can definetly lend you ifyou let us know in advance, and will probably have with us even if not. We're an open group and will never turn away a player, and we have a group tent and breakfast at main events too.
What's your poison?

Elspeth
Leo

Postby Elspeth » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Group Name: The One

Race & Culture: Mostly human but feel free to be something else if it interests you.

Group current numbers: Currently 10+ in total, but invariably not everyone will be at any one event. Growing event by event at the moment!

OOC contact: Me! Alex Macdougall pm me or alexandramacdougall at gmail dot com

Group Concept: We're an order of warrior monks who are called by the ancestor Mithras from our homes at puberty to go to Castle Fulcrum where we live and serve him. Mithras's tenets are comradeship, strength and battle so they're what we live our lives by. The group has a long history but most of the current players have been around for less than 2 years so there's plenty for us to delve into and corrupt! It also means we remember what it was like to be new and although it sometimes feels a little like the blind leading the blind I think we have a lot of fun on the way.
Get in touch if you're interested and I'll send a copy of our background document which has a lot more information about the group's history and also a new player guide which might be helpful whether you join the group or not.
OC - Alex Mac

Tariel
Leo
Group: Order of Mithras
IC Location: Isle of Amnor
IC Name: Tariel

Postby Tariel » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:21 pm

Group Name: The Order of Mithras
Race & Culture: Various races; we currently have humans, elves, dwarves and a mixture of these (i.e. half elf).
Group current numbers: We have a varied group of people aging from as young as 17 to 40+. We're a family friendly group as a few of us bring our ankle biters....erm our lovely children along to events (the kids range from 5 -16 yrs old).
Contact us using our guest forum and we will try to answer any questions you may have http://order-of-mithras.weaponboard.net/
Group Concept:We are warriors of Mithras. Doomed to fight until our final breath, when our bodies fall broken on foreign fields and rot in nameless graves.
The battlefield is a terrible place where terrible deeds are committed, but we do as we must. The world is harsh, we do what must be done to make life in it a little easier. The reward for living such a hard existence will be glory everlasting.
Our bodies may rot but our souls will be exulted into the afterlife and dine at the table of Mithras himself. Remembered as heroes that brought light to the darkness.
The Order began when a group of mercenaries found redemption in the words of the ancestor, Mithras.
Along with enlightenment came freedom, liberation from the heavy chains of greed that had been draped upon their shoulders by commanding officers obsessed with riches.
Freedom from their past life was not taken lightly. Their accepted penance was hard but very simple - continue to fight and give hope to those who live in despair
The Order of Mithras seek no reward not coin or renown for their services. They willingly combat all that is corrupt and twisted, their only wish to drive out the shadows and bring light to the darkness.
From their Chapterhouse on the isle of Amnor the Order steadily grows. So if you wish to join these brave souls pick up your armour and shield and pledge your allegiance to Mithras.
Tariel
Ritualist
The Order of Mithras

Aija
Aslan
Group: Unknown
IC Location: Bimbling
IC Name: Aija

Postby Aija » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:45 pm

Group Name: Children of Malar

Race & Culture: Pretty much anything barring unliving

Group current numbers: Due to the nature of the Group, number vary depending on who /when you ask

OOC contact: Currently me (PM me)

Group Concept: Malar, brother to Mithras, is the embodiment of the Wyld and all that dwells within it. His are the ways of the Pack, the Hunt, Nature and the cycle of Life. As a result, his followers are as widely diverse as the creatures that dwell within the Wyld, and can be as caring and protective, or harsh and unforgiving as their creatures they bear the names of.

It's rare that a new player starts as a member of the CoM, it's more common to be drawn to Malar in-play, find a Huntmaster or Child of Malar and learn more from them IC. Virtually none of the current members started as members of the CoM. Entry into the group is very much a "do it in uptime" thing. Feel free to contact me beforehand though for any pointers.
IC: Aija, random bimbling Fae

OOC:
All posts April 2014 - Gathering 2017 as Nyanthi anla Yew
All posts Winter 2013 - April 2014 as Lanceman Jess Hawkes, Veterans Legion

All posts Gathering 2000 - Winter 2013 as Sir Sheyna Darkleaf, Knight of Lantia. Finally getting her happily ever afterlife with Lemming

Real life: Kaz Williams

sangrim
Leo

Postby sangrim » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:32 am

Group Name: Wolverines

Race & Culture: Mainly Human but we bar none.

Group current numbers: We usually coome out in force for two of the main events with around 12 -16 members. We have a smaller band at the other two mains.

OOC contact: Paul Makin (me pm)

Group Concept: A wretched hive of scum and villany, whoring, the swilling of ale, mindless violence (usually to fellow wolverine) and fire dancing. Lifes to short in our line of work. Ideal for new comers who like the hittiing side of the game. That aside we are mercenary by nature due to the fact we like to make our own choices in this world. Not to follow rules dictated to us by some ancestor or other. Our respect for choice allows anyone to join our unit as long as they are fit to defend a fellow wolverine. In this untrustworthy world a wolverine can only ever truly rely on another wolverine. 'Wolverine first' is our motto. We dont care for noble born scum and cry 'bollox' at the troubles and deaths they cause.

Take a look http://www.the-wolverines.co.uk/wolverines.htm
See you in the field.

P.S. If your new to hobby we will kit you out for your first few events, no point splashing out if you dont like it.
Sangrim captain of the Wolverines, Lions liason to the Armourers Guild

'To die by your side well the pleasure and privilege is mine'

Obsidia Hyskus
Aslan

Postby Obsidia Hyskus » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:24 am

Sheyna wrote:It's rare that a new player starts as a member of the CoM, it's more common to be drawn to Malar in-play, find a Huntmaster or Child of Malar and learn more from them IC. Virtually none of the current members started as members of the CoM. Entry into the group is very much a "do it in uptime" thing. Feel free to contact me beforehand though for any pointers.

Hi Kaz,

Doesthat mean you wouldn't be accepting new members except in play? Or just that most people currently tend not to start in the CoM.
What's your poison?

Aija
Aslan

Postby Aija » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:59 pm

I'm not saying we won't accept new players wanting to join straight out, just to contact me first and we can discuss options. Part of the fun of being a Child of Malar is becoming one, and that is most fun done at actual events. It's not a rule, but to get the most out of being in the Group, starting at the bottom is the best way to go. :)

OOC:

All posts Gathering 2000 - Winter 2013 as Sir Sheyna Darkleaf, Knight of Lantia. Finally getting her happily ever afterlife with Lemming

DaveE
Cub
Faction/Guild: Dragon
Group: Freelance
IC Name: Horse

Postby DaveE » Fri May 13, 2011 4:03 pm

So, i'm totally not actually a lion, but I spend lots of time around there, and the group I'm putting together is cross factional, so i'm not trying to poach faction members.
I'm putting together a crew of ex soldiers/veterans in a Hells angel/sons of anarchy/blackwater company sort of style.
The deal with it is: No officers/nobility/aristocracy, veteran, badass- no stats restrictions.
I'm hoping it will be very much about brother(sister)hood, with a close knit group getting involved in things right across the field.

Here's the thing, i's like to start it IC... If you're interested in being a part of it/helping create it, give me a ping through the messenger on here, or find me IC, since Horse is making plenty of noise about his ideas, it's not inconceivable that you'd hear of it.
Open to existing/new characters and newbies and old lags alike, and i'm more than happy to help new players get a grasp of the system.
Cheers,
hd

Gemz
Simba
Group: The Company of the Brave and Foolish
IC Location: Schak'roc's Head, Tamarus
IC Name: Jaiden Nyxx

Postby Gemz » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Group Name: The Company of the Brave and Foolish
Race & Culture: Any - mostly humans at the moment, but we do have a troll, a half-fae and an elf. Former leader was an orc!
Group current numbers: 7
OOC contact (Name & Email): Gemz Cooke (gemz@gemzcooke.com)
Group Concept: The Company of the Brave & Foolish are a rag-tag band of adventurers who make a living by completing dangerous quests, rescuing damsels-in-distress and looting dungeons. Imagine the A-Team, the crew of Firefly and a World of Warcraft dungeon party blended together to make one big dysfunctional family. You can play whatever you like - the more diverse the better! The only restriction we have is on corruptors and necromancers - we're Lions so they're a bit of a no-no.
Jaiden Nyxx
The Company of the Brave and Foolish

LARGEJO
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Unicorns
Group: Squad D
IC Location: The Everwood
IC Name: Larego

Postby LARGEJO » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Group Name: Squad D
Race & Culture: Greenskin (Uruk and Olog) heavies (all members have shield use)
Group current numbers: 7
OOC contact (Name & Email): John Large (johnlarge@dsl.pipex.com)
Group Concept: Squad D are a group of uruks and ologs who originated as a demolition unit in the mirror/dream realm of Orst using their strength to crush buildings and derelict structures in the name of their ancestor the Black Spiral (aspect of Ontarix, Drakken of Destruction), when Orst was merged with Lantia they found themselves on the island of Ontarix where they have tunnelled into the volcano there and made themselves at home. Following the death of their original leader Brik on a mission to aid the Wolves, leadership was assumed by the black orc Berzerka, under his leadership the group has taken on a noticably military slant (with a number of them having positions as military personnel and sheriffs in the faction) despite featuring a number of spellcasters.
Larego
Redcap, Unicorns faction.

OOC - John Large.

Obsidia Hyskus
Aslan

Postby Obsidia Hyskus » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:18 pm

PBs are still recruiting, as always. Loads of lovely kite shields and tabards available (given the large numbers we've lost over the last year).
What's your poison?

Aija
Aslan

Postby Aija » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:09 pm

Group Name: Soul Elves
Race and culture: Elves
Group current numbers: me
OOC contact (Name & Email): Kaz Williams kirsten.a.williams@gmail.com, or PM here
Group Concept: The Soul Elves originated in the Dreaming Forest of Dre Moor in Avalon. They are fiercely tribal feral wood elves, with a rich and detailed history that is immense fun to play. More details are available on request.

The main consideration before deciding to play a Soul Elf is the kit requirements. Soul Elves despise and refuse to use metal, so all kit must be metal-free. This includes weapons. If you don't think you can manage this, then they may not be the group for you...

Note: this group will not be entering play until the Spring Moot of 2014

OOC:

Aija
Aslan

Postby Aija » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:33 am

It has been mentioned that I am currently ooc group leader for two groups.

At the mainlines this year I shall hand over official ooc leadership of the CoM to someone else, but prebooking has already begun so for now I shall stay as leader and deal with it at the Moot.

If anyone wants to discuss CoM stuff, I am still more than happy to help :)

OOC:

Return to “Guest forum - OOC”