Charity Cake Sale at the Winter Parliament 2013

An OOC forum that our honoured guests have full access to, and visitors can read.
Aija
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Lions
Group: Unknown
IC Location: Bimbling
IC Name: Aija

Charity Cake Sale at the Winter Parliament 2013

Postby Aija » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:45 pm

Many of you here knew my mother, either as Carla or Eliedra Darkleaf, seller of IC amulets. Just over three and a half years ago now, she passed away after a long struggle with cancer. What many of you don't know though, is that she did so at home, with her family in the house with her and her 15yr old cat purring by her side.

This was made possible by Marie Curie Cancer Care, who sent nurses to look after her, provided all the equipment, ensured the supply of her drugs and even the bed. They were marvellous, and we didn't have to pay a penny for their dedication and hard work. Instead, they rely on charitable donations and fundraising by the public.

So with kind permission from our Command Team, this Winter Parliament I am doing a repeat of the hugely successful Muddywood Charity Cake Sale (which raised an awesome £145) with all proceeds going to Marie Curie Cancer Care. I shall be setting up my blue gazebo in the main IC field, inside of which will be a table loaded with cake and a donations tin. All I ask is that for each slice something goes in the tin. Monsters, Players, Crew, all are welcome to help themselves (and maintain that sugar-high in the cold) so long as they donate.

Anyone wanting to donate a cake for the sale is more than welcome to, and they will be greatfully received. Please put a name label on any tins/boxes that they arrive in so I can return them, and provide a small label to put on the cake(s) saying what they are, and if they contain major allergy triggers.

Also, if anyone has a decent sized table I could borrow that would be great...
IC: Aija, random bimbling Fae

OOC:
All posts April 2014 - Gathering 2017 as Nyanthi anla Yew
All posts Winter 2013 - April 2014 as Lanceman Jess Hawkes, Veterans Legion

All posts Gathering 2000 - Winter 2013 as Sir Sheyna Darkleaf, Knight of Lantia. Finally getting her happily ever afterlife with Lemming

Real life: Kaz Williams

Eric Lund
Aslan
Group: Winterspear
IC Location: Either on Fort Borealis or on Akamon
IC Name: Eric Lund

Re: Charity Cake Sale at the Winter Parliament 2013

Postby Eric Lund » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:24 pm

Ill try and add (another) cake to my list for the event for this
Warden of Service
Right Hand of Akamon
Member of the Winter Spear

IC-Eric Lund
OOC-Neil McDermott

Posts before Moot 2 2013 - Makonedes Tidewalker "May you have good tides and a strong wind always at your back"
Posts after Moot 2 2013 - Eric Lund

Aija
Aslan
Group: Unknown
IC Location: Bimbling
IC Name: Aija

Postby Aija » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:31 pm

So, I'm home, the car is fully unpacked, and the donations tin dug out from the safety of the bottom of the boot. And I am very happy to announce that between all of you wonderful people we raised a grand total of £132.70 for Marie Curie Cancer Care, which Daniel and myself are going to round up to £150.

Thank you all, you are all wonderful! And I hope you enjoyed the cake, too :)
IC: Aija, random bimbling Fae

OOC:
All posts April 2014 - Gathering 2017 as Nyanthi anla Yew
All posts Winter 2013 - April 2014 as Lanceman Jess Hawkes, Veterans Legion

All posts Gathering 2000 - Winter 2013 as Sir Sheyna Darkleaf, Knight of Lantia. Finally getting her happily ever afterlife with Lemming

Real life: Kaz Williams

Jesterface
Aslan
Group: Free Blades
IC Location: Lantia
IC Name: Volund Krieg

Postby Jesterface » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:45 pm

I wish I'd taken advantage of the cake stall, but my time management got out of hand over the weekend. I quite liked the sound of the apple cakes I heard mentioned tbh. Count me in if you ever want to do another :)
All flesh is equal when burned.

IC: Volund Krieg, nobody important.
OOC: Johnny Fairchild, aka Jesterface, aka Cave Troll, aka J-Fresh, aka Chairfiled

Gathering 2011 - Jackals Spring 2017 - Thorg Bloodrot, Lions High Incantor, Japelord
2006-2010 - Ikazu

Return to “Guest forum - OOC”