Spring parli hots & Nots

An OOC forum that our honoured guests have full access to, and visitors can read.
Obsidia Hyskus
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Lions
Group: PBs men
IC Location: The isle of war

Spring parli hots & Nots

Postby Obsidia Hyskus » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Ok, I'll start:

HOTS:
- Being elected prince bishop. I know it’s just a group leader thing and that’s not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but it’s such a buzz and a brilliant vote of confidence from my unit.
- The quality of monstering, particularly Dan’s revenant. He really got under Sid’s skin.
- Roleplay with many people, particularly Helen, Emma, Chris, Matthew, Dorian, Edain, Dale, Ty and Jonathan.
- Claret and the ladies from Oliver’s Army. I love my mittens and I loved getting to be the touchy feely girly high sheriff that squeed about the stitching and asked to join the knitting circle. Beron missed a trick there I feel.
- Iolanthe’s legacy came back to haunt the faction. I couldn’t deal with the plot because I couldn’t stop smiling proudly and that really was NOT an appropriate IC reaction.
- Barry’s reaction to getting a new sheriff badge, and drawing number 007.
- The trueborn plot. I’ve really enjoyed that and it finished at just the right time.
- Fozzy managing to light a fire in those weather conditions! We love you Fozz!
- The faction did an awesome job of dealing with the weather and lack of hut, which could easily have killed the event.
- The ramada hotel. Also the showers in the ramada hotel. Wussing out for the win.
- Deciding to go off scouting like I’d promised Giblet I would, then realising that there were four non-optional clanky bodyguards who would be following me for as long as it was funny. I love you guys.

NOTS:
- The weather, obviously.
- Confusion about whether the warm room was an IC or OOC area.
- I’m not a fan of showboated scripted deaths, particularly ones that eat up power cards.
- The final fight started rather late, and as a result we seem to have wandered off and left a death knight lying around Gallathrix. I appreciate that was a factor of the weather, but it made for a rather unsatisfying conclusion as we certainly didn’t lose, but didn’t really win either.
- Being in the warming up room and thus missing Fozz’s drider-or-whatever-he-was. It looked like it was amazing.
- I have no idea how my camera works. Mainly it doesn’t.
What's your poison?

BrackenSG
Simba
Group: Free Blades
IC Name: Bracken

Re: Spring parli hots & Nots

Postby BrackenSG » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:37 pm

Spring Parli 1114 - Hots and Nots

Hots:
Friday night Pie, it was AMAZING thank you to the ladies for keeping us fed.
Being told the freebs are super keen (we actually didn't feel keen much this event but we must have still given it a go) and apparently being noticed by other factions.
Seeing guys enjoying new characters.
Watching Pebble and Cade preform surgery, good for Abby's winter training.
Getting involved in lots of talky role play, not what I'm used to, but good development.
Doing many many rites and not exploding. Weird as a non magic user and stopped me hitting things but awesome rp.
Getting a Warden for Gallathrix. Almost seemed too easy but Abby and Ramsey will make a brilliant War team.
My new armour being complimented, all props to Kyle Underwood for making it look so great.
Being drafted as official regulator in training. Don't know how well my short attention span will help this but.
All off the blushing when multiple people informed Abby so else is crushing on her.
Not camping, thank you to dad and his fiancé for putting up 9 free blades for a couple of nights.
Rally wings - Althea's idea.
Fairy crack cake - more has been demanded.

Nots:
Weather n mud - Nuff said
The dark. While I usually try not to be a wuss and do some night fighting I was completely useless this event as I was having a massive issue with how black dark the field was. However, lots of people were very nice making sure I was ok and didn't make fun of me.
Anxiety killing my keen, I wasn't as into everything as I wanted to be.
OC: Killer

Posts before Moot 2017 - Abby Wormwood

LARGEJO
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Unicorns
Group: Squad D
IC Location: The Everwood
IC Name: Larego

Postby LARGEJO » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:56 am

(copied from my facebook)

This event was a bit of a weird one for me since it was my first time monstering for the Lions in years, historically (even before joining the Lions) I always played their events.

Going to start with the lows so that the note ends on a pleasant note.

Lows

* The weather was a bit rubbish which certainly resulted in reduced levels of keen.
* On the second night someone opened one of the side doors of our tent (perhaps thinking it was their own briefly) and then left it open, resulting in me waking up to find out i'd pretty much slept in the open air and was freezing cold - could've done without that.
* There was an awful lot of waiting around between monster waves, some of this was down to the weather almost certainly, but there did seem to be an awful lot of monsters standing around which resulted in a very cold crew (especially when playing slow shambling creatures, since you didn't even warm up when you were moving).
* The encounters seem to have been statted appropriately for the power levels of the Lions faction members who were there without taking into account the various snack-toting members of other factions and NPCs/DPCs who turned up. Personally (despite getting killed) I preferred the previous event where the group was 99% Lions since, win or lose, it was all on the faction.
* I have to admit that I didn't really keep up with the plot beyond the most general 'there is a necromancer raising people up to vex the Lions.'
* I think there were a few people who need to learn how to move their weapons the distance of their blades or look up the meaning of "well roleplayed blow" - there were a few "weapons of drumrolling +1" out on the field.
* Unfortunately I seem to have completely missed the presence of the necromancer in the final fight, presumably I was getting my head staved in somewhere LOL

Highs

* Good to see Robble Dobble Benefer settling in to his new role as head of plot.
* Great to get back to monstering with some old and new friends.
* Playing 'warlock' in the monster room.
* Managing to blag our way out of being arrested for banditry by the sheriffs and walk off scott free - great roleplaying from both sides :)
* Getting to play one of the knightly apparitions who continuously re-enacted their own deaths, the reaction from people to me fountaining fake blood everywhere made the scene one of my favourites; also the attempts to communicate/get me to hand over my sword before Rachel finally ordered me to do so were very enjoyable RP.
* The food was quality.
* Staying up til the wee small hours on the first evening drinking, it's been a while.
* The fighting in general was very safe, I only have a few scrapes and bruises.
* Watching Pige berate some skeletons taking cover under a tree whilst the two of us strode through a sudden halestorm wielding polearms :)
* The number of people who called me "Johnti" made me laugh.
* Getting to mute Madiyah mid-rant and the ensuing sign language insulting that followed :)
Larego
Redcap, Unicorns faction.

OOC - John Large.

Alan Wells
Aslan

Postby Alan Wells » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:20 am

Nots-

The Weather, which in turn led to
Event Pacing- I was wondering If I'd get home for bedtime for the girls, (We did by about 20 mins)
3 Months of planning being scuppered because the person in charge didn't listen :(
The final encounter- We're just leaving a Death Knight loose on Gallathrix and going home, Sorry could you say that again.
Rituals- It's not my department anymore and that makes it hard to be objective
No food left at the final lunch

Since most of the nots are all focused on the last day, it may explain why I left site feeling decidedly Meh about it all.

Hots-

The Ramada Encore 29 quid a night and was the best motorway hotel I've stayed in, it also had a pub with an all you can eat buffet breakfast :)
The site- The problems we had didn't detract from the fact that it's a good site with lost of running around space, the hall change hurt but wasn't insurmountable and the mud was more to do with the weather than the site itself.
Getting to push Michael's agenda by talking to the flame (thanks Emma for reminding me)
Getting to salve Nemiel's worries by talking to the flame
Meeting Iranae in uptime at last
Discussing what Honorific I should refer to her as.
Gaius/Chris's reaction to my query on whether Grandmistress of the Order of Celestial was appropriate
Kender Concubines-are they an acceptable morning star substitute when you are unarmed in a Harem?
Homework-
Sengool for ancestor?
Magnus Gallowglass- potential ancestor of navigation? Maybe. Parking Not so much.
Titles for Gaius-
Gaius's dating agency
Religious conversations with Elspeth and Lenia.
Am I Your Highness or Your Majesty (twice)
"I've left her in charge, and already she's gone off for tea"
Getting stabbed on all 3 Island Chains
Using OctoMonkey
Tagging along on "Lets just see if Akamon is ok"
A rather long and extremely cool chat with Karen about Me, her and the Order.

So all in all far more highs than lows

LARGEJO
Aslan

Postby LARGEJO » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:36 pm

Additional Hot from the event:

* Getting to play a follower of Amethyst, an ancestor whom I knew nothing about but, thanks to some of the more experienced Lions players on the monster crew I was given a quick rundown, sound like a thoroughly interesting ancestor and one i'd certainly like to revisit in future.
Larego

OOC - John Large.

Aija
Aslan
Group: Unknown
IC Location: Bimbling
IC Name: Aija

Postby Aija » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:22 pm

Wow, there was an Amethyst follower there? Blast from the past :D
IC: Aija, random bimbling Fae

OOC:
All posts April 2014 - Gathering 2017 as Nyanthi anla Yew
All posts Winter 2013 - April 2014 as Lanceman Jess Hawkes, Veterans Legion

All posts Gathering 2000 - Winter 2013 as Sir Sheyna Darkleaf, Knight of Lantia. Finally getting her happily ever afterlife with Lemming

Real life: Kaz Williams

Amy Redman
Aslan
Group: Winter Spear
IC Location: Fort Borealis
IC Name: Amy Redman

Postby Amy Redman » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:39 pm

There was an Amethyst follower and nobody told the Rhino follower? Awww man.
Amy Redman
Winter Spear
Sirene of Andulus
Tea Essential

Pre Spring Parli 1111-Alfhildr Jorgensen-Dreamstruck, Prince Bishop's Men
(OOC Rachel)

LARGEJO
Aslan

Postby LARGEJO » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:02 pm

We never actually entered the main camp, the encounter took place on the road.
Larego

OOC - John Large.

Jesterface
Aslan
IC Location: Lantia
IC Name: Volund Krieg

Postby Jesterface » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:16 pm

OOOOH! OOOOH! MY TURN!

I would have done this sooner but my laptop crapped out on me, leaving me with my laggy desktop and my phone (complete with teeny-weeny eye-strain-o-vision).

HOTS

- The food - This was my first time using caterers instead of attempting to provide for myself and woefully underestimating the yawning chasm that is my appetite. Baz's mum and her team were amazing; the food was great (aside from the custard, but I'm led to believe this was a fault with the manufacturer), it was simple but filling and tasty; and they provided for my "special snowflake" diet (as Mr. Stockton put it) and were never funny about it either. Wonderfully good humoured and lovely natured ladies too!
- Did I mention the food?
- Everyone - Was so good to see everyone who was there again; and great to see us all pull together the way we did after the Winter event (me and the other Free Blades who were at the Winter still have Post-Orlagnon flashbacks).
- The Rites - Some of the Rites we did were very cool. I loved being part of reforming the Goad, as I got to have Thorg actually come out of his shell a little regarding his past; something I never saw myself doing just yet. This leads us nicely to...
- Planning a Rite - I had NO idea what I was doing, but Amagar/Giles and Jehanne(?)/Sarah really pushed me to do it IC, forcing Thorg to stop being such a slacker, me to be less shy about talking to people I tend to view as "more influential" characters and try to think outside the box. Many thanks to Matt (Hodari), Rebecca (Hollow) and Becki (Caerie) for helping me brainstorm a back up plan after the initial idea of having Alrisha talk to Osiris was vetoed, and many thanks to Gareth (Miles) for stepping in last minute to lead the rite. I don't even care that didn't seem to work!
- Tope's Sword - SWEET MERCIFUL GODS! Normally in a fight I feel spoddy as hell unless something needs its pattern blasting off the face of the Egg. This was such a thrill, and a massive honour to use this. Even made me get very cocky and sassy with some of the monsters. I don't even care that I went down several times. From some of the comments from folks; I think this excitement may have been faintly detectable. The whole final battle was enjoyable and scenically located.
- Innate Mass Distract; dog edition - totally unintended, totally enjoyed OOC.
- Not camping - Operation: Wuss Out was in full effect as I found myself struggling to stay warm (even with layers up the wazoo) and having somewhere, dry, warm and not being battered by wind was pleasant; especially as I was already knackered when I got to the event.
- Monsters - Massive, massive respect to the crew; they were in the same conditions as us, some of them seeming to wear less layers than us AND playing shambling corpses. You guys gave it your all and made the event worthwhile!
- New characters - As harrowing as it was to lose so many beloved and recognisable people at the Winter; it was great to see new blood in the faction; providing us with some suring up in areas we lacked in; can't wait to see where they all go :)
- "Honoured" guests - Sketchy, sketchy Vipers causing mischief, from Kyle/Obrint dropping Caerie while she was tending to Hodari when we thought we heard someone wasting a pattern, to them attacking two of our guys (but getting them back up afterwards), led to some IC tension and then some nice diplomancy and getting to know Aenaeus. Also, chatting to people outside the Faction was good (and possibly making connections in the Dragons through Pebble after she overheard me invoking my ancestor).
- Thorg's "options" - Getting to chat IC with some people about the paths Thorg is looking at, and realising that one of them doesn't suit him at all, but still worth researching more.
- The apparitions - These were effective and chilling; I loved Johnti's blood spurting, then him and his cohort's "puppetlike" stagger towards us as they seemed to resist the command to fight us. The "Obvious Trap is Obvious" lights were really effective too, especially in low light.
- Finding out Warden trials being made easier - I have to wait until the G for mine, but at least I don't have to fanny about coming up with a SwA rite before I do it...

NOTS

- Dat weather - Oh lawd, dat weather. My feet were pretty much numb all weekend. I don't know how people who aren't a natural furnance coped!
- Kit malfunctions - Before we even timed in; I discarded my mask as it was being painful to wear (which it never was while I was testing it at home, of course) and having to revert back to greening up. I also had to leave behind the baldric and custom scabbards for my falchion and scimitar (and leave the scimitar behind) as the decided to fall apart. Then my boots started to split from the souls during the final battle; not fun. On the bright side; I know what improvements need making and I can shop for New Kit(TM).
- Threat level - It was good that it was low threat, meaning "lower level" characters could join in without feeling useless, but it did make some of the encounters seem a little "cookie cutter".
- Final battle plot - Not sure what was going on. I enjoyed the fight, but it did seem a little "Oh look, zombies! Oh look, mummies! Oh look, a rite! Oh hey, we got the necromancer! Oh wait, did we finish off the Death Knight? Wait, there was a Death Knight?"
- Lack of a hall - Probably not helped by the weather. The 'tea hut' was great the one time I used it though. Can we do that again?
- Missing the spider - Not the biggest arachnophile in the world; but I love seeing practical/theatrical special effects put to good use and was miffed that I didn't get to see this.

Moments and quotes

- Cavy elementals - Stockton I swear I will make you pay for making me corpse during the serious ritual meeting of seriousness (just as they came to ask my ideas for rituals). For clarity; discussion about making elementals was happening, and the idea of guinea pigs was raised, cue Matt's comment.
- "Ladies and gentlemen! ... And Thorg."
- "Thorg is special." "Yeah... Wait! Did you call me special?" "The good kind of special."
- Reminding Sean, that, having put my mainline bookings through and having seen my CS and OS; he's technically seen Thorg "naked". Then revelling in the look on his face.
- Rob and head of plot - "I can hear the buzz of a thousand voices, and they're all going... 'Roooooooob?'" "You made your bed, now lie in it!" "But my bed is spiky, and full of questions."
- The Tea Blades.
- John Kearney's "Thorg album cover" photo, unofficially captioned "Why Thorg Have These Feelings?"
- Me, Killer and Kyle deciding that Wardens and Sirene are "Drift Compatible", making the Guardians their Jager. Cue callsigns. So far we have Onyx Blitzer and Piercer Garnet.
All flesh is equal when burned.

IC: Volund Krieg, nobody important.
OOC: Johnny Fairchild, aka Jesterface, aka Cave Troll, aka J-Fresh, aka Chairfiled

Gathering 2011 - Jackals Spring 2017 - Thorg Bloodrot, Lions High Incantor, Japelord
2006-2010 - Ikazu

Dale Ex Machina
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Harts
Group: Mackintash
IC Location: Selby
IC Name: Rynthalion

Postby Dale Ex Machina » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:01 pm

Thorg wrote: Me, Killer and Kyle deciding that Wardens and Sirene are "Drift Compatible", making the Guardians their Jager. Cue callsigns. So far we have Onyx Blitzer and Piercer Garnet.

I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!
Rynthalion Dreamstruck-Vanya, Master Harper, Companion of the Order of Celestial, Warden of Rysarius. Lovely.

(Pre March '13 Squire Keen / Tristan of the Order of Celestial)

OlecVarg
Aslan
Group: OEB
IC Location: Devils Teeth/Ceryphus
IC Name: Olec Vargsaark

Postby OlecVarg » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:02 pm

Daie wrote:
Thorg wrote: Me, Killer and Kyle deciding that Wardens and Sirene are "Drift Compatible", making the Guardians their Jager. Cue callsigns. So far we have Onyx Blitzer and Piercer Garnet.

I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!

Mother of God... it makes so much sense.

Olec Vargsaark - OEB
Arctus of the Children of Malar
Warden of the Island of Ceryphus
Solider of Fortune

OOC -Jack

Enjoyed fancy pastries until the king put a stop to it

Agent_Orange
Site Admin
Group: People of the Lions
IC Location: Around
IC Name: Cimber

Postby Agent_Orange » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:10 am

Thorg wrote:- Me, Killer and Kyle deciding that Wardens and Sirene are "Drift Compatible", making the Guardians their Jager. Cue callsigns. So far we have Onyx Blitzer and Piercer Garnet.

NO ....... JUST NO!
Amber.....
Amber Tomb ?
Amber Alert ?
Amber Assault?

WAIT !!! NO!
Cimber of the Achreos
(Pre 21/10/15=Xanthior; Pre 4/8/14 = Marinus; Pre 8/10/10 = Kerios)
OOC: Will (Just a Player)
Referee 126

Jesterface
Aslan
IC Location: Lantia
IC Name: Volund Krieg

Postby Jesterface » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:30 am

Join us, Will. It's blissful.

Amber Blaze? Titan Amber? It's a tough one... I'm still trying to do Emmerix... So far my best is Scourger Emerald.
All flesh is equal when burned.

IC: Volund Krieg, nobody important.
OOC: Johnny Fairchild, aka Jesterface, aka Cave Troll, aka J-Fresh, aka Chairfiled

Gathering 2011 - Jackals Spring 2017 - Thorg Bloodrot, Lions High Incantor, Japelord
2006-2010 - Ikazu

Agent_Orange
Site Admin
Group: People of the Lions
IC Location: Around
IC Name: Cimber

Postby Agent_Orange » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:31 am

Emerald Extinction ;)

Also I'm sure Rach will back me up saying that the idea of Marinus and Amy being 'Drift compatible' is amusing
Cimber of the Achreos
(Pre 21/10/15=Xanthior; Pre 4/8/14 = Marinus; Pre 8/10/10 = Kerios)
OOC: Will (Just a Player)
Referee 126

Aija
Aslan
Group: Unknown
IC Location: Bimbling
IC Name: Aija

Postby Aija » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:32 am

Sapphire Nonchalance...
IC: Aija, random bimbling Fae

OOC:
All posts April 2014 - Gathering 2017 as Nyanthi anla Yew
All posts Winter 2013 - April 2014 as Lanceman Jess Hawkes, Veterans Legion

All posts Gathering 2000 - Winter 2013 as Sir Sheyna Darkleaf, Knight of Lantia. Finally getting her happily ever afterlife with Lemming

Real life: Kaz Williams

Return to “Guest forum - OOC”