Lions monster kit

An OOC forum that our honoured guests have full access to, and visitors can read.
Obsidia Hyskus
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Lions
Group: PBs men
IC Location: The isle of war

Lions monster kit

Postby Obsidia Hyskus » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:20 pm

Do you like killing things?
Do you like killing things that aren’t wearing blue jeans and a Metallica t-shirt?
Do you know one end of a needle from the other?

If the answer to all three of these is yes, please consider making some kit for the faction monsters. Too often our monster crew aren’t able to borrow anything from the faction and that has a knock on effect on both the morale and temperament (and temperature!) of the people who are volunteering to monster for us.

We currently need:

Tops – be they shirts, doublets, waistcoats, frockcoats or whatever you feel like making. Ideally cut for the average male larper, who tends to be built like a broad-shouldered rugby player.

Trousers – drawstring would be best, to get some flexibility in who can wear them.

Skirts – likewise, adjustable or free size would be great.

Fingerless gloves – one for the knitters, these help keep hands warm particularly in winter events which makes night fights less unpleasant and cuts down the sting of a weapon blow to the knuckles in the cold. Acrylic or machine washable wools only please, which is good as they tend to be the cheap ones anyway.

Helen has also asked me to point out that dark colours would be awesome as trying to make white kit stay white has broken her washing machine at least once.

If you have spare material and can make this for free we would love you forever and be hugely grateful and will insist that Tatalus bow down and worship you (one of these three facts may not be accurate), but if you have an idea for something which would need a bit of funding please let the plot/command team know because there can be a budget for such things depending on what it is and how much we need it.

Also, if you would be happy to take on targeted commissions from the faction for anything kit related please let me know, I’m trying to collate everyone with such wondrous talent so the faction command and plot know what options we have for fantastic props to make the game better for everyone.

Marianne Wells
I Can't Remember What Title Noodle Came Up With For This
Marianne.wells@gmail.com, or Obsidia Hyskus for forum PMs.
What's your poison?

Jesterface
Aslan
Group: Free Blades
IC Location: Lantia
IC Name: Volund Krieg

Re: Lions monster kit

Postby Jesterface » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:15 pm

If needs be, as I can't knit at all, and my seamstering skills are subpar at best, there's a shop local to me that does fingerless gloves fairly cheap. I can look into the prices and (if reasonable) buy up a small amount for monster usage.
All flesh is equal when burned.

IC: Volund Krieg, nobody important.
OOC: Johnny Fairchild, aka Jesterface, aka Cave Troll, aka J-Fresh, aka Chairfiled

Gathering 2011 - Jackals Spring 2017 - Thorg Bloodrot, Lions High Incantor, Japelord
2006-2010 - Ikazu

McChuckles
Aslan
Group: The Crew of the El Toro
IC Location: Andulus
IC Name: Sherman

Postby McChuckles » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:15 pm

My mum has a sewing machine and a whole bunch of time, so if a pattern is provided, and material and suchlike, she can make some bits.

I have some trollies and a jacket I want to pass on to monster kit, but I'm not entirely sure who to pass it on to? Or where?
Rhys ap Gwidion, King of the Dwarves, Thegn of Borthawr, Marshall of the Conquistadors of the El Toro.
Sherman for short.

Before November 2013 : Knight Captain Sir Henry Kane, Knight of Lantia
Between November 2013 and April 2015 : Drake DeStefano

OOC - The other JK...

Matt Stockton
Aslan
Faction/Guild: Lion
Group: The Company of the Brave and Foolish
IC Location: Oda, Tamarus
IC Name: Simba Hodari

Postby Matt Stockton » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:29 pm

Don't know how much use it would be for monster kit, but I can make armour, weapons, shields and general leatherwork. I can donate some smaller bits, but would ask for material costs for bigger projects.

Matt.

Amy Redman
Aslan
Group: Winter Spear
IC Location: Fort Borealis
IC Name: Amy Redman

Postby Amy Redman » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:08 pm

Once I've sorted out some things here, I'll see what I can knock up. Am also happy to do commissions for various sewn things.
Amy Redman
Winter Spear
Sirene of Andulus
Tea Essential

Pre Spring Parli 1111-Alfhildr Jorgensen-Dreamstruck, Prince Bishop's Men
(OOC Rachel)

Aija
Aslan
Group: Unknown
IC Location: Bimbling
IC Name: Aija

Postby Aija » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:26 am

I know Daniel would love me to reduce my fabric mountain, but with time being what it is I can't guarantee anything before winter. I'll try.
IC: Aija, random bimbling Fae

OOC:
All posts April 2014 - Gathering 2017 as Nyanthi anla Yew
All posts Winter 2013 - April 2014 as Lanceman Jess Hawkes, Veterans Legion

All posts Gathering 2000 - Winter 2013 as Sir Sheyna Darkleaf, Knight of Lantia. Finally getting her happily ever afterlife with Lemming

Real life: Kaz Williams

Kaliyo
Leo
Faction/Guild: Lions/Alchemists
Group: People of the Lions
IC Location: Ontarix/Tamarus
IC Name: Kaliyo

Postby Kaliyo » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:45 am

I'm still learning about this sewing malarky, but will see what I can do. Could definitely knit stuff. Need to make a dent in the yarn stash.

Might it be a good idea to post useful links to how to guides for making kit? For this project and general kit making?

Behold! The power of Pinterest!
http://www.pinterest.com/gemznunn/sewing/
http://www.pinterest.com/gemznunn/larp/
Kaliyo
Sirene of Ontarix
High Alchemist

OOC: Gemz

Return to “Guest forum - OOC”